Easter Recipes – Easy-Peasy French Fancies
The proper method of making French fancies is long and complicated. Here is an easy method, made possible by the Kleeneze Silicone French Fancy Cake Cases (don’t tell Mary Berry) and the Kleeneze Cupcake Corer. Instead of baking a large sheet of sponge cake and cutting squares, all the baking can be done in the cases. Easy-Peasy!
The recipe is not for true fondant fancies, but French fancy-like cupcakes, even tastier that the real thing.
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 125g Soft unsalted butter/or Margarine
- 125g Self Raising Flour
- 2 x eggs
- To add flavouring add 1 tablespoon of either vanilla extract, orange/lemon oil
- To make the cake moist add a tablespoon of crème fresh
- Pre-heat oven to 190˚C Electric normal oven/Gas Mark 4/5 dependant on your oven
- Cream the sugar and butter together until smooth. Beat the eggs together and add gradually to the sugar & butter mixture. Add the sifted flour and mix in again until the batter is smooth. Add the crème fresh and whichever flavouring you require.
- Fill the Kleeneze Silicone French Fancy Cake Cases about 2/3 full as neatly as you can.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes – to test whether they are done insert the Kleeneze Cake Tester if it comes out completely clean they are done – if not put back in for another 2/3 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool completely before adding the topping.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 60g unsalted softened butter
- 1tsp flavouring of your choice
- 480g icing sugar
- Beat the butter, cream cheese and flavouring until light and fluffy
- Gradually use the icing sugar, beating between each addition – if not using an electric mixer, use the Kleeneze protector to stop the icing sugar covering your kitchen!!
- If you have too much mixture, it can be stored in an airtight container in a fridge for up to 4 days.
Using the Kleeneze Cupcake Corer make a hole in the middle of the French Fancy Cupcake. Fill with cream cheese frosting,, overfilling to create a small bump. Cover in pre-bought icing, or decorate using the cream cheese frosting and Kleeneze Silicone Piping Bag Set .