Easter Recipes – Easter Decorated Cupcakes
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g softened butter
- 100g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- Pre-heat oven to 190˚C Electric normal oven/Gas Mark 4/5 dependant on your oven
- Cream the sugar and butter together until smooth. Beat the eggs together and add gradually to the sugar & butter mixture. Add the sifted flour and mix in again until the batter is smooth. Add the crème fresh and whichever flavouring you require.
- Fill the Kleeneze Silicone Cake cases about 2/3 full as neatly as you can
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes – to test whether they are done insert the Kleeneze Cake Tester – if it comes out completely clean they are done – if not put back in for another 2/3 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool completely before adding the topping.
Once ready, leave to cool while you prepare your pre-bought icing or cream cheese frosting (recipe below) and get your decorating equipment together.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 60g unsalted softened butter
- 120g cream cheese
- 1 tsp flavouring of your choice
- 480g icing sugar
Method for icing:
- Beat the butter, cream cheese and flavouring until light and fluffy
- Gradually use the icing sugar, beating between each addition – if not using an electric mixer, use the Kleeneze protector to stop the icing sugar covering your kitchen!!
- If you have too much mixture, it can be stored in an airtight container in a fridge for up to 4 days.